Experienced Community Social Workers
3 part time positions
Wellington/Kapiti/Hutt Valley sites
Are you passionate about making a real difference in the lives of older people?
We are looking for a new staff to join our Older Persons Team, to support older people to live with safety and independence, free from abuse, and with meaningful lives in their community. You would join a Wellington wide team of professional and dedicated staff who have a reputation for being a leading edge provider of social services. The positions are 27 hours per week, and will be based in Kapiti, Wellington city and the Hutt Valley respectively.
Key attributes are;
- Experience supporting vulnerable older people with focus on supporting people with cognitive impairment
- Experience working with victims of suspected and confirmed abuse to support immediate and sustainable safety
- Experience / understanding of the principles of strengths based practice and restorative justice
- Social Worker or equivalent qualification, with registration or membership of professional association preferred but not essential
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary health environment
- Experience working with mental health and addiction desirable
- Outstanding relationship management skills and ability to establish and maintain agency, community and volunteer networks
- Full clean driver’s license
For further information and an application pack, please refer to www.wesleyca.org.nz or contact:
Isabel MacDonald – Executive Assistant
Wesley Community Action
PO Box 9932, wellington 6141
Phone: 04 805 0875
Closing Date Wednesday 26th July 2017.
Professional Foster Parents Wanted
For a satisfying & challenging work from home opportunity
Both full time and part time (respite) roles available.
Greater Wellington, Hutt Valley, Porirua, Kapiti Coast and Wairarapa areas considered.
Some young people need a supportive home to help them get their feet on the ground and get a good start in life. Can you provide a home that makes the real difference for these young people? The team at Wesley Community Action has significant experience in supporting young people. We are looking for compassionate people who value family life to join us. This is an opportunity to combine your outstanding parenting skills with our commitment to professional standards of care. Wesley’s Foster Care programme leads the way in supporting young people who have experienced great challenges in their lives. We continue to expand this long established service and need additional committed foster parents to join our team. As a salaried employee you will become a member of and contribute to a progressive and professional team. You will receive 24 hour on call back-up, professional training and development.
Get a Foster Parent application pack here:
Foster parent full time application pack FINAL Jan 2016 For further information and an application pack contact: Andrea McKenzie Wesley Community Action PO Box 9932, wellington 6141 Phone: 04 237 7612 ext 814 Email: Applications considered at any time
If you are considering working with Wesley Community Action, here are some values that support our work;
- People we work for drive our work. Our work helps our clients to grow or maintain their capacity and well-being.
- We value open honest relationships – we aim to highlight strengths in all people and have direct conversations if things aren’t working.
- Self-awareness is key – our capacity to reflect on our own work without getting defensive or threatened is very important.