WE HAVE GROWN, AND NEED YOU URGENTLY!
Four Key Roles are available in WCA
Right now we are seeking the best of the best to fill these key roles in our community teams supporting children and families, and adolescents in foster care.
- Foster Parents for Adolescents – fulltime /part time on weekends – Greater Wellington
- Experienced Social Worker – Youth – full time – Porirua
- Experienced Social Worker – Child/Family – 32 hrs per week – Porirua
- Experienced Social Worker – Child/Family – Locum – 30 hrs per week – Porirua – 4 months
Are you skilled, experienced, passionate, committed, excited by the opportunity to work at the leading edge of community care either as a social worker or foster parent? These are unique roles that require professionalism dedication and a deep and genuine desire to make a difference. Our work requires high energy and outstanding relationship skills, the ability to withstand a fast paced and demanding work environment, and the belief that positive change is always possible.
For the social work positions you must have:
- A recognised qualification in social work (or equivalent) and experience
- social work registration or be open to working towards registration
- sound therapeutic social work frameworks
For Foster Care you must have:
- high confidence working with youth, including young males, with complex behaviours
- no other dependent children living at home
- a willingness to embrace the principles of therapeutic fostering
For all positions you must have:
- full driver’s license
- good health and self-care processes
For enquiries and position description please quote the position you are interested in when contacting:
Isabel Macdonald firstname.lastname@example.org
Wesley Community Action, P O Box 9932, Wellington 6141
Or go to www.wesleyca.org.nz for position description.
Foster Parent/s needed – (singles/couples)
FULL AND PART TIME
Can you provide care for a teenager in your own home full time or on occasional weekends? Do you genuinely believe you can make a difference?
Our team of foster parents work alongside our social work and youth work staff to support young people who do best in either intensive one on one or group foster care environments provided by Wesley Community Action. Our young people have had extensive histories of being in care and bring with them life experiences that can make life challenging for them and challenging for those caring for them.
You will not have dependent children living with you, will have a full driver’s license and ideally knowledge of supporting youth who have challenges.
We will provide a salary, 24-hour crisis back up, training, professional supervision and a supportive team environment that ensures you always have someone to support you.
please contact:Isabel Macdonald email@example.com / 04 8050875
Wesley Community Action,P O Box 9932, Wellington 6141
Position description: Advert Foster Parents full and part time Sept 17
Application pack:FINAL 2018 Foster parent application info pack (2)
If you are considering working with Wesley Community Action, here are some values that support our work;
- People we work for drive our work. Our work helps our clients to grow or maintain their capacity and well-being.
- We value open honest relationships – we aim to highlight strengths in all people and have direct conversations if things aren’t working.
- Self-awareness is key – our capacity to reflect on our own work without getting defensive or threatened is very important.