Wesley Rātā Village is a community resource that provides good homes for residents and is a place for Naenae’s community to come and build wellbeing and resilience.
You can find Wesley Rātā Village at 249 Rātā Street in Naenae, on the site of the former WesleyHaven Resthome and Hospital. We are working closely with the community to determine how best to use the site and the buildings on it.
Regular activities at the Village
The village is host to a number of regular activities. These include:
- a regular 10-week Ageing Well programme for lonely and isolated seniors living in the Hutt Valley
- three-week training courses to prepare young unemployed people for jobs in the construction industry run by Kiwi Can Do
- the Rātā Playgroup and the Naenae Forest Playgroup
- a partnership with Brothers & Sisters, a collective of young artists, who are living on the site and play a hosting role to foster more community connection
- community lunches, afternoon teas and activity groups throughout the month
- a partnership with Naenae Nature Trust to make our beautiful native bush accessible to the Naenae community.
What’s on at the Village this month?
Check out our events calendar to find out what’s happening at the Village this month.
Venues for hire
We have a range of venues suitable for workshops, team meetings, planning days or community functions. Find out more.
Wesley Rātā Village Vision Document
We’ve worked with the Naenae community to develop a vision for how to develop the Village. It’s a work in progress – we’ll update it as things change. Download a copy to read the latest version of the vision document.
Re-weaving community at Wesley Rātā Village