Experienced Social Worker, 0.8 FTE Kāpiti, Older Persons Team
Are you passionate about making a real difference in the lives of elders?
We’re looking for a social worker to join our Older Persons Team to support older people to live in their community with safety and independence, free from abuse, and with meaningful lives. You will join a dedicated and professional staff in an organisation with a reputation for being a leading-edge provider of social services. The position will be based in Kāpiti.
You will bring experience and understanding to:
- Working in a Te Tiriti o Waitangi responsive organisation
- Supporting older people with cognitive impairment and other long-term conditions including mental health and addiction issues.
- Working to end instances of elder harm and understand trauma informed practice.
- Working within a multi-disciplinary health environment
Lead Practitioner Social Worker, Older Persons Team, (Full time – Wellington region)
- Are you passionate about making a real difference in the lives of our older persons?
- Are you an exceptional social worker who wants to help grow social work capacity in a team?
You will have a deep understanding of strengths-based practice, person-driven approaches and bring comprehensive experience in case management.
This newly established role suits someone who enjoys supporting others to develop their professional skills to bring about sustainable positive change in the lives of elders. This position is based in our Wellington office where you will have a small case load, and you will have the agility to support staff across our Porirua, Kapiti, and Hutt sites.
We offer a comprehensive employment package in a flexible work environment. You would join a team of dedicated professional staff in an organisation passionate for social justice guided by strong community values.
Team Manager – Mana Whānau
- Leadership role
- Seeking innovation and results for whānau
- Porirua location
We’re looking for someone to head our Mana Whānau team.
This is a unique leadership opportunity that involves supporting a team providing intensive in-home support for whānau who are vulnerable to their children going into care and supporting whānau whose children are returning home from being in care.
The team manager role requires strong commitment to whānau-led practice, backed by sound social sector experience as a registered professional. The team manager will be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the impact of trauma on family systems and children’s early learning and development. The team’s approach is shaped by tikanga Māori and competence in this is essential.
Foster Parents needed (Full and part-time)
Wellington wide (singles/couples)
We need passionate foster parents in this rewarding, important and challenging work. Can you make ‘the’ difference in a young person’s life?
Can you provide care for an adolescent in your own home full time or on occasional weekends? Our team of foster parents and social workers support young people who do best in either our one on one, or group home, foster care. Our young people have had extensive histories of being in care and bring with them life experiences that can make life challenging for them. Our team is passionate about the care and protection of young people.
You will receive:
- Salary, training and professional supervision
- 24-hour support
- Regular time off
You will currently be residing in the Wellington region and have
- no dependent children living with you
- a full NZ driver’s license and own car
- high personal standards in the care of children
- a comfortable, clean and safe home environment to offer
- a good standard of personal health
- excellent written and spoken communication skills
Download an application pack or contact Isabel Macdonald for more information:
04 805 0875, email@example.com