The team at Wesley Community Action is working hard to ensure we continue to help the most vulnerable people in our community while keeping them – and ourselves – safe.
We have developed new, clear protocols to inform all of our work and we are re-organising our work to fit the new ‘lockdown’ environment.
All our staff are working from home and using the phone or social media to check in with people.
When we become aware of people who need additional support, who are struggling to cope or who are at risk of harming themselves or others, we have developed a process to get extra help to them. This could be a food parcel, a visit from an experienced staff member, or bringing in another agency.
If you aware of someone who may need additional support then email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 04 385 3727 and someone will make contact.
Essential social service provider
Wesley Community Action is a designated essential social service provider. This covers:
- our community pantry (food bank) to provide food parcels
- supporting vulnerable and isolated older people living at home
- the Elder Abuse Response Service – 04 805 0880 or email@example.com
- looking after young people ‘in care’ in our group home or with foster parents
- supporting vulnerable whānau who are struggling to sustain a safe and caring home for tamariki