Wesley Rātā Village is a community resource that provides good homes for residents and is a place for Naenae’s community to come and build wellbeing and resilience.
You can find Wesley Rātā Village at 249 Rātā Street in Naenae, on the site of the former Wesleyhaven Rest home and Hospital, which operated from 1955 to 2017.
Wesley Community Action has retained the site as community asset, working closely with residents and Naenae locals to develop an innovative and intergenerational community for all.
Rental housing at the Village
We have 55 affordable rental homes at the Village. Of those, 25 are social houses that are available to people on the government social housing register. The remaining 30 are small villas that are rented privately to older tenants.
Housing enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Regular activities at the Village
The village is host to a number of regular activities. These include:
- a regular 10-week Ageing Well programme for lonely and isolated seniors living in the Hutt Valley
- 10-week parenting programme Baby’s Place (Contact email@example.com / 027 677 8052)
- the Rātā Playgroup
- community lunches, afternoon teas and activity groups throughout the month
- a partnership with Naenae Nature Trust to make our beautiful native bush accessible to the Naenae community
- Kererū House: free art classes and open studio sessions available (Follow our Facebook page or enquire with Emily for more details)
- Kererū Gardens: Monthly community gardening bee held on the fourth Saturday of the month from 10 to 12 (with more regular sessions during the busy growing season). Please contact Leila Macbeth for more info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Venues for hire
We have a range of venues suitable for workshops, team meetings, planning days or community functions. Find out more.
Village results reports
.Art House Report May 2021
This is evolving into a vibrant creative community space, and will soon include a barista training kitchen/koha cafe in partnership with Trade School Industries.
Wesley Rātā Village Vision Document
We recently updated the document and we’ll continue to update it as things change.
Download the latest version of the vision document.
New community housing project at the Village
In February 2019 we started working on an $8.4m project to build 25 affordable rental homes at Wesley Rātā Village.
The homes will be made available to applicants on the Government’s Housing Register for people who have been assessed as eligible for social housing and are waiting to be matched to a house. Read more
Re-weaving community at Wesley Rātā Village